As a motorcycle enthusiast living in the National Capital Region (NCR), a visitor destined to ride here, or a transient rider just passing through have you ever actually asked yourself any of these questions?
- Where would I go to find out where the great motorcycle group rides and routes are?
- Where can I stop for a beer, a sandwich, a vista or a motorcycle shop along the way – and primarily the places I won’t regret visiting?
- If I go out for a ride, how can I easily share my route and my overall experience with others – since I’m such an awesome person?
- Finally, where can I go to find out anything and everything I may need to know about motorcycling in the NCR?
If you’re even slightly the motorcycle rocker that I am, you’ve thought about at least one of these and when you jumped onto the “interwebs” you quickly realized that it’s pretty difficult to find a one-stop-shop for these sorts of things.
Well, Christmas came early from your friends at DC Triumph. I’m here to tell you that we’ve thought about all of these things and have come up with a brilliant idea (I’m gloating, so sue me) to start forming a one-stop (web) shop that aims to combine the best of:
- GPS ride mapping – downloading routes to your smartphone/GPS and uploading your fresh runs,
- Restaurant/bar reviews,
- Social networking – linking to local and national motorcycle groups and online resources; and,
- The Garage – local resources for sales, services and parts (since we all need them)
Lucky for you, while it sounds exclusive to Triumph riders it actually won’t be. We won’t hold it against you if your ride your Harley-Davidson (ok, we’ll look down a little, but you’ll hardly notice), Ducati, Honda, etc. You might get kudos for your Indian, Norton, BSA, however; the point being, this would be intended to be the “rider resource” for everyone. Also, important to point out that this is not intended to take over for any of the organic rider organizations and clubs already in the region – if anything we’d love to help be the glue that brings them all together through capabilities and content.
We are humbly just beginning this endeavor, so, if you actually like what you’re reading, let us know what you think (even if you don’t like it, we’re big boys). If you really “like” it, then do what everyone else does and find us on Facebook. We’ll push content there as well as on our site to keep you updated on our progress.
 Loosely consisting of Washington, D.C., Maryland, Virginia and perhaps parts of Delaware, West Virginia and Pennsylvania.
 And if you love it, let us know that you want to join the team and contribute.